Our trip to the beach was rained out so we decided to make masks, but we needed something that could be done all in one day (unlike my paper mache workshop that takes a week of drying). I decided that we’d use very light bake-able clay, something that I’d only used once before. The girls had never made mask with anything more then paper plates before, so we had a good time letting our imaginations run free. I think the results came out quite nice.
For the ears, she pressed soda can tabs into the clay to leave an impression. I thought that was clever.
Since this mask is not actually wearable (no eye holes), she left extra clay on the side for a handle.
Filed under: art |